Here is the good news: according to the preliminary findings of the Department of Justice of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the crime rates in the United States have decreased to close to 10 percent compared to last year’s figures.
The bad news is that there are still thousands of people who fall prey to various types of crimes, such as burglary, murder, robbery, rape, aggravated assault, and arson.
The issue of security therefore should be addressed as effectively as possible. One of ...
the best ways is to have surveillance cameras installed in properties.
If you are hiring an installation expert for your surveillance camera setup, you may want to remember these following tips:
1. See if you can have the labor for free.There are some equipment companies that would offer the installation for free if you are going to buy the surveillance cameras from them. You may also negotiate for a free installation if you are living very close to the firm. Before you even say yes to the charges, at least attempt to haggle.
2. Make sure that it is a legal company.It is easy to mask oneself as an installation expert. In fact, it is going to be very dangerous because these people may also be installing something that would allow them to monitor your movements without your knowledge.
The first thing you can do is to ask for recommendations from friends and family. You can also proceed to the Department of State to verify if the company has been registered and has renewed its permit to operate. Any doubt should be enough to stop considering one.
3. Get to know the services.What are the types of installation services can they offer? Some of these companies have limitations on the kinds of surveillance cameras they can install. For instance, some of them may only deal with residences and not business establishments. It can save you the hassle and the headache when you already have a good idea on what they can and cannot do for you.
4. There should be 24/7 support.One of the common characteristics of crime is that it does not choose any time and date. It would surely be frustrating if you happen to find yourself becoming a victim of burglary and yet you have no proof because no one can fix your cameras right away.
Since there are already a lot of installation experts who can be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it is only right to make this as one of your mandatory requirements.
5. The company should know the basic security laws.The last thing you want to happen is to be sued for an invasion of privacy. It would help if you can choose an installation company that is very much aware of state laws with regards to privacy. For instance, you are not allowed to install any surveillance camera that can capture sound or voices, especially if it is installed outside your home. If you are installing cameras in your business, make sure that they are visible so employees are aware that they are being monitored.