However, even if its network is huge and it is well managed, you should still not be complacent when you are purchasing your goods from the website, especially if it is a security camera. Based on the report of Metropolitan Police in the UK, there are over 100 eBay-related crimes every month.
When you are purchasing a surveillance camera...
in the website, you may want to take note of the following tips:
1. Know the seller.It is very important that you can vouch for the credibility or trustworthiness of the seller. Read the reviews. Ask for feedback straight from the buyers themselves.
2. Search extensively.There are thousands of surveillance cameras and sellers you can find in eBay. It is going to be purpose defeating if you are going to simply opt for one seller and one kind of camera. There are different ways on how to search comprehensively in eBay. You can read the tutorials or guides available in the website.
3. Determine how much you are willing to pay.You can search for surveillance cameras based on their price. Thus, it will be easier for you to purchase one that fits your budget. If the one you like does not, you can always practice the art of negotiating or haggling with the sellers. As long as they can confirm your authenticity and your faithfulness to the transaction, they may offer you with a good discount.
4. Read the descriptions.It is not enough that there are surveillance camera images. They should also have their corresponding descriptions, and they must be very detailed. This means that if there are minor defects, these should be listed to ensure that you know what to expect from the product.
5. Read the policies.Though eBay has its own general policies, every seller may implement their own. It is wise to read about their rules in shipping and purchasing before you proceed with the transaction. It is unfair to cry out fraud if the neglect is actually committed at your end.
Normally, sellers would accept cash or credit card payments. They would also send surveillance cameras for free if you are very close to the seller’s residence or business address.
6. Obtain a guarantee.Never purchase a surveillance camera if the seller cannot provide you with a warranty or guarantee. You have to remember that you cannot test the equipment before purchase. A guarantee will make sure that you can return the item if ever it does not work as expected (such as when it turns out to be defective).
7. Decide what you need.There are different kinds of surveillance cameras you can choose from. You can spend less time in eBay as well as prevent yourself from the sweet talks of sellers if you already have an idea of what you need. For instance, if you want to observe people inside buildings, you can opt for spy cameras.