#1 Kenny

Kenny

Former Commander In Chief

• Retired Admin
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:57 AM

i have had quite a few PM's about Trial Member status, here are some answers:

------------------------------------

Q: Why can't i start a thread and view downloads ?

A: the reason is several months back we were flooded with Virii uploaders and Lame questions and requests, so after we cleaned up the forum and deleted 12,000 members the forum was then closed... after some debate we decided to Open again to the public BUT did not want a repeat episode , so we introduced the Trial Member status.

Q: How do i become a Full Member ?

A: We decided as a guide by reaching ? post replys , BUT we do make Trial Members into Full Members , if we see from the quality of there post the are providing help to GSO members , So quality and content ..will get you far

edited There is no limit now

Q: If i post one line thanks or crap will i become a Full Member ?

A: No !! , you are wasting your time and our members , we look at the post counts each day and members who we see Flooding the Forum with these replys , will never be approved to Full Member status.... SO FORGET IT your account will be DISABLED.

Q: Why has my post count been reset ?

A: Please click on your profile and check all your posts ? have you posted lots of pointless replys ? just to get to the downloads section...then now you know why !

Q: I want to start a thread but Cannot ?

A: IF you have wrote an article that is YOUR own then Send it Via the PM system to a Modorator or admin , it will then be approved IF good enough , WE DONT want you to send some exploit you come across or have comments about..just your own Articles please....

Q: What about these "thanks" replys by trial members ?

A: well i think were due for a clear out again...these members will be deleted or posting ability disabled for for good YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

---------------------------------

Dont forget EVEN if you reach ? posts ...your ACCOUNT will be checked and all the Crap deducted from it and your post count WILL be reset.

AND your account can be upgraded anytime if we see a good quality poster...the ? is a guide line.. DONT forget.

we are sorry for these measures BUT its for our current full members benifit who have been plagued by these virii uploaders and Lame question and posts

regards

********************************************************************************
BTW any FULL member who's account has been DISABLED will also be down graded to Trial member Status !!!
********************************************************************************

***UPDATED***

well we have been flooded with some trial members trying to get to the downloads section here....

so from now on... DONT BOTHER SPAMMING with your one line CRAP

THERE IS NO LIMIT NOW and you will NOT get full member status unless approved by an Admin

once again the minority try spoil it for other here by flooding the forum with shite

anyone who we class as spamming here will have there accounts deleted from now on YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Trial members can be upgraded at any time from now on !!!

regards

Kenny aka ComSec

Please read the Forum Rules !!!

#2 Guest_ni3_boom_*

Guest_ni3_boom_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:12 AM

hi there
thanks pal
you know
many lamers r @ outside waiting to post a trojan or abot or ...
and then they will post on YES I HACKED YOU and ......

they dont have the right mind
or they easly compile exploits and then run them so they think they r hackers
but who says ! they say lol
we all know that they dont nothing but few linux or win commands that they can run an' compile exploits ...

i think its good to post the paper ( hacking the right mind - from gost ithink !!!)

for ie here is www.xxxxxxx.com he says he has the most secure web server and isp in the middle east lol !!!!! and his the only Aouthrized hackr in iran
he has published a book but its bullshit you know ;)
---------

by the way
i cant browse the last month files on Download section y ?:(

:((
----
thx Dear Comsec For your best services
hope to be the best all the time

----

#3 Knutinho

Knutinho

Private

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:58 PM

I think its really right to decide so.

Many Virus spread around last months, any many kiddies postet such stuff on the web.
So I think the 50 post line is good, and most members will respect it.

#4 Guest_liquidSilver_*

Guest_liquidSilver_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2004 - 01:05 PM

Thank you for making this clear.. Sad to see that the new members just skip the forum rules before posting!

I started notice that Trail Members are posting there 'topics' in other topics. Witch it basicly annoying as hell, suddenly another topic pops up :)

..Oh, well, I've busted a few, reported them and got em deleted.. So beware, I am looking for you guys aswell.. :ph34r:

Owned by LiquidSilver :P

#5 wd_stroke

wd_stroke

Private First Class

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:53 PM

I like the idea of members voting you through. It should help the site keep the "I only want access to the download area" posters in check.

I like this site alot. My contributions will be low. I don't have the knowledge base as 99.99% of the members here, so anything I post won't be anything you guys/girls don't already know.

Question: Why not have a "pay" for full membership option? Individuals who pay hard earned cash won't try to upload virii and stuff.

Just a though...

#6 Kenny

Kenny

• Retired Admin
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:39 PM

hmmm i guess if we introduce a payment scheme we would have made quite a few $ by now , GSO has had over 20,000 members (12,000 mass deleted)

but one thing for sure i dont think 20,000 would have paid...do you :rolleyes:

we would like to keep GSO down to a non-profit site...

but hey some of you members can help us pay for our site !!...by clicking on the google adds above every now and again...only takes a second ;)

helps us give you the best service we can provide... :D :D
Kenny aka ComSec

#7 Faceless Master

Faceless Master

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:02 PM

hmmm i guess if we introduce a payment scheme we would have made quite a few $ by now , GSO has had over 20,000 members (12,000 mass deleted)

but one thing for sure i dont think 20,000 would have paid...do you  :rolleyes:

but hey some of you members can help us pay for our site !!...by clicking on the google adds above every now and again...only takes a second ;)

helps us give you the best service we can provide...    :D  :D

well I love to donate and I m willing to donate but all the money I have is in the form of edited:!!! :D
Regards
~Faceless Master

'yikes'.. i know it a joke but ...no thanks...click the adds will do fine..

ComSec

#8 Guest_Jay_*

Guest_Jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:18 PM

well I love to donate and I m willing to donate but all the money I have is in the form of xxxxxxxx

Thanks but no thanks. I am sure it was a joke but please never mention anything re illegal theft , etc

#9 Guest_liquidSilver_*

Guest_liquidSilver_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:17 AM

I click the Google Ad, 1-2 times a day, I did not know if you even earned money on it!

Oh, well, cool anywayz.. But, if it was required $$ to get full member status, I would gladly pay.

Regards,
LS

#10 wd_stroke

wd_stroke

Private First Class

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:48 AM

Question: Why not have a "pay" for full membership option?

but one thing for sure i dont think 20,000 would have paid...do you  :rolleyes:

Huhh? I said option, as in more than one way/choice to become full member. :P

#11 Kenny

Kenny

• Retired Admin
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 07:30 AM

yes you did my mistake....
Kenny aka ComSec

#12 beardednose

beardednose

Retired GSO First Lieutenant

• Sergeant Major
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 12:02 PM

There's a rumor going around that if you click two ads a day for 10 days, you'll be granted full membership automatically!

I'm sure it's a rumor, but we won't complain if you test it for yourself! ;)

I can assure you that you'll get a full membership somewhere (the blonde clubbe?). h t t ps://www . blonde_clubbe . org. :lol:
Don't post just a THANKS! Here's why...

Forum Rules you need to know...RuLeS

#13 Guest_KoSmO_*

Guest_KoSmO_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:14 AM

nice... i will try to make these all parts to come a full member ;)
now i know why i can't post or see downloads section :P

ps: sry my inglish im portuguese :x

#14 Guest_Lusty_*

Guest_Lusty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2004 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for the explenation.. I think we all needed that :) But i clearly understand it..

#15 ades666

ades666

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 01:25 AM

hehe thx for explanation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users