2 replies to this topic

#1 Cipher7

Cipher7

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hi everyone. 

First post.  Won't be my last.  This forum appears to be filled with many amazing topics. 

I have a question to any pentesters our there.  Are there any viable ways of getting pentesting experience that looks good on a resume?  Jobs sometimes ask for 1-4 years pentesting experience.  I feel like that is something that is hard to acquire.

Just for some background, I'm not going in "cold" for this kind of job.  I have 16 months experience in network security and I have an assocaite CISSP and CEH. 

Are there any pentesters out there that could help give me advice on experience?

#2 Cipher7

Cipher7

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Thank you for the wonderful advertisements.  You wasted 15 seconds of my life.

#3 Glyph

Glyph

General of the Army

• GSO Management
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hi everyone. 

First post.  Won't be my last.  This forum appears to be filled with many amazing topics. 

I have a question to any pentesters our there.  Are there any viable ways of getting pentesting experience that looks good on a resume?  Jobs sometimes ask for 1-4 years pentesting experience.  I feel like that is something that is hard to acquire.

Just for some background, I'm not going in "cold" for this kind of job.  I have 16 months experience in network security and I have an assocaite CISSP and CEH. 

Are there any pentesters out there that could help give me advice on experience?

You might consider taking Offensive Security's 'Pentesting with Backtrack', or 'Cracking the Perimeter'.. this would get you an Offensive Security certification..

They look really good on the resume.

By the way.. what is an 'Associate CISSP'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users