• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scottie83

scottie83

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hey guys, this is my first post in the forum, so I'll thank everyone in advance for their help here.

My Mom's laptop was stolen out of her car last night. She filed a police report, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to do my own investigation.
So a quick run-down, I have the following software installed on her laptop:
  • Dropbox: I can access the last public IP address that her laptop used to sync. I currently have the theif's IP address, which I gave to the police to try to get the user info from the ISP
  • Firefox - Firefox Sync is enabled so I can currently view the history and sites the theif is visiting. No Facebook visits yet, so I haven't been able to get any info on his identity. I can also install Firefox add-ons on my PC and they will sync to her laptop.
  • VNC server - it's running on the laptop, but can't access it because I'd need port forwarding enabled on the thief's router
So, now to the burning question. I can sync Firefox add-ins to the lost laptop if I install them to my computer first. Does anyone know if I can install any Firefox add-ins that would allow me to mine any more data or remotely connect to control the PC? Or if anyone has any other ideas how to connect remotely to the laptop with the two apps listed above to get access.

Thanks,
Sean

#2 minoanson

minoanson

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

hi man, i just show your post because i also just registed to this forum.
if you still haven't retrieve your laptop you can install to firefox the add-on named: lazarus
because i have never used firefox sync if you can also control remote the add-ons and all the functions then you could config it to save the usernames and passowrds(this is the job of this add-on) and then check the results, from the results(usernames and passwords) you could try to find the LastName and the FirstName of him. Hope this help you

Minoanson

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: server, router