• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iacemomo

iacemomo

Private First Class

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

Greetings to all, I own 2 psp devices and have recently heard something really nasty about psp wireless network security from my friend who also owns one device.
To cut it short, he told me that it is very easy to crack psp encryption keys such as WPA or WEP and through hacking psp, it is possible to enter entire network psp is using.It does not matters even if your router is set to some stronger key such as WPA2-PSK, for once you enter network through psp, you have breached WPA2-PSK.
I have to admit I am little worried, I use both my psp devices for surfing the internet quite a lot and this is really neat thing if possible to do.
Does anyone knows is this possible?

#2 iacemomo

iacemomo

Private First Class

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Breaching Network Through Psp?

#3 infiltrator

infiltrator

Staff Sergeant

• Sergeant Major
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

First thing first, DO NOT use WEP, WEP is considered the weakest wireless encryption to date. If you want security, use WPA2 and choose a very long and complex pass-phrase. (aA!@#$12345)

WPA2 in itself is not weak, the reason why people is able to crack WPA2 encryption, is because the pass-phrase used to protect the wireless system is either too short or easy to break/guess. So anything beyond 15 characters is the recommended.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: security, hacking, network security, encryption, network, router