No replies to this topic

#1 scottg89

scottg89

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hey guys,

I am in a security class for college and we have a project in which we have to hack each other's computers. I've been reading a lot about backtrack and how to use their tools. The first approach to breaking into a targets box, I am choosing metasploit. I found a very good website which told me some information about how to use it, but I am running into some beginner problems. I know my target is using linux, so I just searched linux and found payload/linux/x86/exec. I then typed use payload/linux/x86/exec, then set rhost to 192.168.1.3 (target's ip). Then I set a cmd and typed generate, but it did not work. I'm sure there is much more that I have to do, but I can not find any good tutorials on how to use metaspoit better. By the way we all have ssh logins on all machines in the lab (not sure if that sparks any other ways to break in). Thank you in advance guys, I'm sure you get a bunch of these stupid threads, I just can't figure this out or find any useful resource.

- Scott

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: security, linux, beginner, tools, ssh, payload, tutorial