Government Security
Network Security Resources

Help Me Which Pen Testing Course Should I Take

security networking penetration network programming python assembly certification
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kevinjack

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

Help Me >>>>>>>which Pen testing Course should i take

2. CEH

3 . Elearning security .com

i know networking and i am good in programming languages such as c , assembly, python. Which course should i take to be a successful pen tester and which is the best certification , if there are any other courses /certifications please let me know

#2 ashish771

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Visit you can find lots of hacking and security video's free.
And also visit courses.

if you want to use securitytube lab. so you have to pay for that.
else that course material is free :)

#3 TrueFear

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

I don't want to be biased, so I won't say which one to get, but I have CEH, and I know when v8 comes out, it is ANSI accredited. V7 is more expensive than v6, $500 as opposed to $250...but it's worth it IMO. I know I am DoD, have been in the Army for 6 years, and most CND/Security Analyst/Pen Tester type positions are looking for CEH/LPT. However, if you are not looking at the type of field, than you have a lot of options.

GIAC has some pretty good certs as well. They have GPEN, which is their straight pen testing cert.

Of course there are others, but these are the ones that I know I see on a lot of job descriptions for these types of positions. GIAC, ISC2, EC-Council, SANS, and Cisco, are all big names when it comes to security and networks.
C|EH, C|NDA, CCNA, Security+, Net+, A+, MCP

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: security, networking, penetration, network, programming, python, assembly, certification