• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GRC

GRC

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

I rebuild and update old computers as a hobby and donate them to the handicap, abused women groups and the less fortunate school children in my area.. I have an HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop which inadvertently established a CMOS/BIOS password. I have tried numerorus methods of unlock, kill, wipe and restore procedures. None work!! HP informs me they can fix it for $200. This is the only assistance they will provide. Can anyone assist? Please reply to e-mail address: . Thank you. GRC

#2 treyslay

treyslay

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

<br />I rebuild and update old computers as a hobby and donate them to the handicap, abused women groups and the less fortunate school children in my area..  I have an HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop which inadvertently established a CMOS/BIOS password.  I have tried numerorus methods of unlock, kill, wipe and restore procedures.  None work!!  HP informs me they can fix it for $200.  This is the only assistance they will provide.  Can anyone assist?  Please reply to e-mail address: gr.ric@myfairpoint.net.  Thank you.  GRC<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Pull the jumper for password reset or pull the bios battery and let the power drain from the board.

Good Luck