I was wondering what you guys think might be the best language for creating trojans/virues/worms? The goal should be to make it as versatile as possible, i.e. making it work on most windows versions, and possibly other systems.
So here my thoughts:
- VB: Useless, since it requires runtimes and this would even exclude standard XP installations.
- ASM: Ok, but the amount of flexibility goes down considerable with complexity of the code. Still one of the better alternatives.
- Python/Java/other script languages: Useless, since script languages can be easily decompiled and this needs to be avoided at all costs in my case! Also some people choose not to have JRE at all. On the upside, it's portable.
- C#: That would be my preferred solution since I find C# to be quite beautiful. However, requires the .net framework, which is only supported by Vista with version 3.0. Not sure if that's enough. Would like to have XP included.
- C/C++: Doesnt require dependencies. Efficient. And it's what i am using right now. Having programmed in c++ for like 5 years it's not that bad, but I would prefer a decent garbage collection.
btw, happy to share my code/binaries to the people that help me here, once it's done.