Please contact Brent at email@example.com if interested in the job opening listed below.
Information Security Engineer
Location – Santa Clara, California
It is an exciting time in Cisco’s Global Information Security Consulting (GISC) group as the organization evolves the next-generation security models and architecture for Cisco to enable the Any Device, Border-less, Collaboration and Cloud initiatives. To help architect and drive adoption of these models, CSG-Security (GISC/CSPO) seeks someone with technical experience, flexibility, and strong interpersonal/communication skills to participate in ongoing security initiatives within Cisco’s Collaboration Software Group (WebEx). This person will act in an operations function, to execute day-to-day information security processes, and will support the implementation of processes and controls in a complex Software as a Service infrastructure. They will work closely with service operations personnel and other security department staff to ensure the integrity of information security. There will be regular interaction with individuals responsible for service engineering, and third party auditors.
This is a great opportunity to take on a position with great impact on Cisco’s future SaaS and services business models and participate in Cisco's success as a leader in its industry.
• Day-to-day execution of information security processes
• User access management
• Service security monitoring
• Incident detection, triage, and case handling
• Validation of system and application hardening
• Assist in documentation and tracking of policy exceptions
• Security application management and tuning
• Vulnerability and compliance remediation initiation and tracking
• Security infrastructure provisioning and maintenance
• Reporting of security metrics
• Network access approval (ACL change review)
• Service abuse operational response and investigations
• Identify areas for improvement related to security in existing operational processes
• Stay current on operations and infrastructure used throughout the business unit
• Rotating on-call for tier 1 support and troubleshooting
• Position requires some after-hours (nights and weekend) work, and travel
• Must have hands-on practical experience in an IT or information security operations role, with an understanding of information technology fundamentals
• Unix and/or Windows system administration experience
• Working knowledge of IP networking, and common Internet technologies (DNS, SMTP, SSH, etc, including a good understanding of secure infrastructure architectures
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including effective documentation skills, and the ability to effectively convey technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong team player with solid interpersonal skills. A collaborative work ethic is necessary for success in this team. Must be able to work closely with all levels throughout the organization, and effectively with all skill levels throughout the team.
• Candidate must be self-directed, and willing to pursue and maintain various technical/security certifications as necessary for the position
• U.S. citizenship
• May require security clearance in the future
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, or similar, plus 2+ years of information security/IT operations experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Expertise with scripting languages and shell scripts
• Experience with NIST STIGs, McAfee Vulnerability Manager/Foundstone, McAfee Change Control and Application Control/Solidcore, McAfee EPO, RedSeal, Sentrigo, Splunk, Observe IT, Snoopy Logger, Qualys, RSA SecurID, Quest Authentication Services, NetApp, and Cisco routers/switches/firewalls
• CISSP, or SANS GIAC certifications
• Technical certifications that support job duties
• U.S. Government service
• Ability to obtain security clearance in the future (if required)
About CSG Security
The CSG Security department is responsible for developing and embedding the security program framework within Cisco's Collaboration Software Group, in support of Cisco's strategic SaaS initiatives.
CSG security staff develops policies and procedures, creates tools, deploys technologies, develops methodologies and collateral, and operates security processes within Cisco's Collaboration Software Group.
Information Security Engineer Needed At Cisco
No replies to this topic
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users