• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ernster

Ernster

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

We have an application that makes web requests based on user action.

for example:
if a user updates their profile in a certain website that the application monitors, the app would act on the users browser navigation actions and make the relevant web service call to retrive the updated information.

We have been using a dll (written by me) that used Microsofts Accessibility api to monitor this information. It can retrive the current navigated url for most popular web browsers and it can also retrive hyperlink text and location when clicked in some common web browsers.

Our user base is mostly IE user and in IE8 microsoft have stopped some functionality with Accessibility (for security reasons? I don't know) particularly the ability to retrive the currently being clicked link.

I need to try and work around this to keep functionality in our application and was thinking Port/Packet Sniffer but dont really know how to go about it.

Basically I just need to know when a user posts a web request by clicking on a link or whatever and i need to know where it's posted to (ie. http://youclickedali...whateveryousent)

vb.net or c# sources/examples would be great but I'm open to anything

thanks

#2 infiltrator

infiltrator

Staff Sergeant

• Sergeant Major
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:26 PM

A proxy server (Squid) would definitely keep track of all visited URLs a user has visited.
You could also, write a batch script to filter out all urls based on the user name.

Now keeping track of a particular link, that has been clicked on. Now that's tricky.

I guess with some coding, squid may be able to do what you are after.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users