Sponsored by: █ Sparkhost - Hosting Without Compromises! █ Hybrid Performance Web Hosting █ Spark Host Stream Hosting █ Hybrid IRC & IRCd Server Shell Accounts
How To Auto Dial, Enter Menu Options, Record Remote Output - Bash?
Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:17 AM
did that make any sense..?
dials a number
access menu options to get to a specific department
then enters another set of numbers based on text file list
records the output from the remote host.
i have a usr robotics usb modem.
How would i start such a script or what programs would anyone suggest. any help or suggestions wold be appreciated..
Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:33 AM
Exactly the reason I didn't answer at first, a voice modem can not talk, no matter what you call it
First off, you're modem is going to be 'talking' to another modem?
Let's brainstorm without talking science fiction..
1) You can not make a computer understand human voice (there exists some voice recognition software but it has to be 'trained' to recognize a specific voice)
2) You might be able to 'program' something like that for a certain number to respond the way you like, but you'll have to repeat that process for each number you like to get some result, and even then accuracy would be around 75% tops
3) It might be possible if the system uses DTMF, but how can you know for sure that it does?
4) 'i have a usr robotics usb modem.' That does not help, and if you don't even care to spell it correctly (capitalize I) how would you ever be able to pull this off?
5) did that make any sense..? > Maybe in a few decades, want to know more about PBX's? Play around with asterisk, knowledge will flow towards you
Read the rules before you post
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users