This posting is regarding a job opportunity as Information Security Director with our well known client in the Research and Development Industry.
Please see the job details below.
Job Title: Information Security Director
Job Location: Santa Monica, CA
Job Type: Permanent
Industry- Research and Development
Relocation assistance- Provided
• Reporting directly to Chief Information Officer, the Information Security Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate-wide information security program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
• The Information Security Director will proactively work with business and research units to develop and implement practices that meet defined policies and standards for information security. A key element of the Information Security Director's role is working with executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organization.
• The individual selected for this position will have the following duties:
• Manage the enterprise's security organization, consisting of direct reports and other members of the technical information security team including hiring, training, staff development, performance management and annual performance reviews.
• Direct information security activities related to protection of DoD and other federal agency information including controlled unclassified information.
• Ensure that company is in compliance with all applicable federal directives and policies regarding securing of sensitive information.
• Develop and manage information security budgets.
• Create and manage information security and risk management awareness training programs
• Ensure that security programs are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies to minimize or eliminate risk and audit findings.
• Manage security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, fixed assets and the company's reputation.
• Direct the implementation of security technologies including:
(a) evaluating security products
( installing security products and making necessary system changes
© developing rollout plans and communications to staff
(d) training and coordinating with other IST departments.
• Over 10 years experience in the information security field in a significant leadership role.
• A thorough understanding of network, server, end-user, and applications technologies/systems (experience with specific vendors is a plus).
• Possess thorough knowledge of technological trends and developments in the area of information security and risk management.
• Thorough project management, financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management skills.
• Experience with contract and vendor negotiations.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security or technology-related field with equivalent work- or education-related experience in information security. Master's degree preferred.
Professional certification, such as a CISSP, CISM, CISA or other information security credentials, is preferred
Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance in a brief period of time. Existing Security Clearance a plus; transferable Top Secret SCI clearance highly preferred.
If interested please submit your resume to email@example.com
Sponsored by: █ Sparkhost - Hosting Without Compromises! █ Hybrid Performance Web Hosting █ Spark Host Stream Hosting █ Hybrid IRC & IRCd Server Shell Accounts
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users