• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BrokenShell

BrokenShell

Private

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

can someone please point me in the direction of some decent free Trojan free war dialing and phreaking software for my computer i have tried to find some but its hard to find free ones let alone Trojan free ones!, allready in middle of a restoring my hardrive >:/, thanks for any links or software guys (Y)
http://greyhatstory.blogspot.com/ blog ..... well for blogging but on the computer security aspect take a look ^^

#2 Ryan M

Ryan M

Global Moderator

• Colonel
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Google is your friend:

hxxp://2600.org
hxxp://phrack.org/
hxxp://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ozphreak&aq=f
hxxp://www.textfiles.com/phreak/BOXES/
hxxp://artofhacking.com/tucops/phreak/boxes/

To say the least, those are 5 from my favorites.
There is no security on this earth. Only opportunity.
-Douglas MacArthur

GSO Compiled Exploit Database
----------------------------------------
[b]Mod at GovernmentSecurity

#3 Marts McFly

Marts McFly

Global Moderator

• Colonel
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

Phreaking and War Dialing software for your computer. Wow that's a blast from the past. Out of curiosity, what are you going to do with them? Because a lot of things have changed since those were popular. (I know you can still stumble across some old Remote Dial In Services but do they actually provide access to anything useful these days?)

Regardless of that fact. I loved back in the day when i was a basement dwelling teenager, getting these textfiles and sitting there late at night studying box schematics and dreaming of actually being able to build one and actually use it.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)

T: http://twitter.com/Marts_McFly

B: http://www.backtosecurity.com

#4 zer0sig

zer0sig

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

Phreaking and War Dialing software for your computer. Wow that's a blast from the past. Out of curiosity, what are you going to do with them? Because a lot of things have changed since those were popular. (I know you can still stumble across some old Remote Dial In Services but do they actually provide access to anything useful these days?)

Regardless of that fact. I loved back in the day when i was a basement dwelling teenager, getting these textfiles and sitting there late at night studying box schematics and dreaming of actually being able to build one and actually use it.

There are lots of different things that still use modem ports for administration - granted, most competent companies running anything really interesting don't leave them up and if they do they aren't exactly a cakewalk to get into. I can tell you for certain that certain kinds of phone switches (SS7 for one) often use modem ports as even the logins from IDC are VT-100 based. Most of those modems are taken down outside of planned maintenance, however.

As far as wardialers, TONE LOC 4EVA! Heh. Used to be good times back in the early 90's with that for many people. I would think some comm program out there has a strong enough macroing language to write something up yourself - if not, I'm quite certain some scripting languages in Unix could do it.
we are the hollow men
we are the stuffed men
leaning together
headpiece full of straw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trojan