5 replies to this topic

#1 ashish agrawal

ashish agrawal

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

hi guys

i have 10 pcs in my network with windows xp. i m using bsnl modem for internet use. the modem is connected to one PC through LAN card. i have another LAN card in this PC that connected to the switch and rest of the 9 pcs also connected by the switch. for distributing internet on other computers i use setup a home or small office network wizard in my network places on first PC. where i select bsnl modem as my internet connection then the wizard makes with the help rest of both lan cards a bridge. now rest of the 9 pcs assigned ips through by first computer automatically by dhcp. but the internet is not running on LAN. is there any solution. help me

thanks

#2 Guest_DiabloHorn_*

Guest_DiabloHorn_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:17 AM

I think that you need to make sure your first pc does a NAT translation, because most probably your ISP only gives out 1 per modem. So when you use the wizard make sure it creates a NAT for the other 9 pc's

#3 webdevil

webdevil

Retired GSO General

• Sergeant Major
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

Ashish,
What you could be doing is configure the BSNL modem to connect through PPPoE. Enable DHCP on it and then plug it into the switch.

#4 ashish agrawal

ashish agrawal

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

hello guys thanks to reply. i solve my problem myself last evening. the overall fault is that when i use wizard to share internet i choose both of my lan cards of my pc that makes problem. my first lan card is connect to modem and second one is connected to the switch of my network. firstly i remove the bridge that was created with the help of both lan card then i choose the second lan card in the wizard to make the internet connection sharable. this is working fine. now all pcs in my network are able to connect with first system through dhcp and also internet. regards

#5 Guest_DiabloHorn_*

Guest_DiabloHorn_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

good to see the problem got solved.

#6 AnnexPaul

AnnexPaul

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

There is another option for the problem. Just buy a router switch which has 16 port, with the help of this you can connect to 16 pcs in LAN.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, network, ips