• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen

Commander In Chief

• GSO Management
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

The web hosting servers are being migrated due to a recent tragedy, the control panel used behind the scenes at SwiftLayer was developed by someone who recently passed away. In order to make sure the systems hosting your accounts are up to date and running smoothly, we are transitioning your accounts over to a commercial control panel recognized throughout the industry as a leader in virtualization.

We have taken this short downtime seriously and as such we have upgraded the hardware to 12GB of RAM, Dual Quad Core i7 Processors w/HT creating a total of 8 cores and 8 virtual cores. This upgrade puts our hosting environment above the competition and will bring your sites performance to new levels.

We at SwiftLayer are committed to excellence and uptime, we appreciate your patience while this migration takes place. If you have any questions feel free to open a support ticket and one of our staff will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

SwiftLayer
Posted Image

#2 Stephen

Stephen

Commander In Chief

• GSO Management
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

This is complete
Posted Image

#3 webdevil

webdevil

Retired GSO General

• Sergeant Major
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

wow! that went pretty smoothly.

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Commander In Chief

• GSO Management
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Yes indeed, I am very impressed with our new solution it cut system restore times way down.
Posted Image

#5 GhostShell

GhostShell

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

I was worried when I saw the title of this topic. But you guys got this done as quick as I saw it. Nice job that was faster than any board downtime I have ever seen.
http://pcsubject.com/ <- My new Blog

"As a young boy, I was taught in high school that hacking was cool." -Kevin Mitnick

"It's easy to point and click programs, but thats not real hacking." -illwill

#6 bonarez

bonarez

Retired GSO Second Lieutenant

• Sergeant Major
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

Was experiencing some connection problems this afternoon (gmt +1), shortly..

But the new hardware sounds real nice. And the downtime was next to nothing.

Nice job indeed!
"Ask the right question and you will receive the right answer. I'm just very sensitive about the right syntax"

Read the rules before you post

#7 Edu

Edu

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:00 AM

I didnt even see this downtime. great job Stephen :)
http://www.secumania.net - Secumania security blog.

Embed any executable in a JPEG image and get it to run upon opening the image with this cool tool that abuses a feature of GDI in Windows systems. for governmentsecurity.org members only! click here to get it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users