• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Former Commander In Chief

• Retired Admin
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

Google recommends to add more information about yourself on the profiles so people can find you when they search for keywords associated with a profile. They recommend including such details as the name of your hometown what job you work in and where you go to school. The main thing that differentiates the service from other social media networks is the fact that Google will then index the information using its indexing spider technology. READ MORE

#2 Baphomet

Baphomet

Corporal

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

This is a pretty good evolution in the usage of social media on the Internet.

I hope this is actually a bad joke... <_<
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither ~ B. Franklin
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time ~ A. Lincoln

#3 Blake

Blake

Former Commander In Chief

• Retired Admin
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:32 AM

Well at least they are offering a way to verify the information. That way people can at least decide if the information is truthful

#4 Baphomet

Baphomet

Corporal

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:24 AM

Only because you can verify some informations doesn't that mean no one else could find those you wouldn't like to see in the internet - what is rahter a problem.

And that you have to verify your informations by giving the Skynet some more details doesn't sound too trustworthy for me ;)
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither ~ B. Franklin
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time ~ A. Lincoln

#5 Marts McFly

Marts McFly

Second Lieutenant

• Second Lieutenant
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

Only because you can verify some informations doesn't that mean no one else could find those you wouldn't like to see in the internet - what is rahter a problem.

And that you have to verify your informations by giving the Skynet some more details doesn't sound too trustworthy for me ;)

It may be before my morning coffee, but i am pretty sure Blake is being sarcastic.... right Blake?? :P

Google is getting out of hand. That coupled with all of the governments 'anti'-privacy laws it's quite scary. Not that you need a reason to hide anything, but it's the same as if i knew i had a ghost in my house. I may not see it, or it may not harm me, but it would still freak me out knowing it was there.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)

T: http://twitter.com/Marts_McFly

B: http://www.backtosecurity.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users