Title: Web Application Test Engineer
Location: Arlington, VA
Client/Employer: To be disclosed.
>>>Required clearance: TOP SECRET
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
The Ideal Candidate
5+ to 7 years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel – Never
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be clearable to the Top Secret level.
- Provide consulting services, as a member of a team of security engineers, to the Information Technology Security Division (ITSD) within the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on application and network security topics
- Perform risk and vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and potential incident response, especially relating to applications/databases; analyze results and make recommendations
- Assist in the development, configuration and C&A of various systems (especially relating to applications/databases) to ensure adequate security of high performance, highly available, and mission critical applications
- Providing advisory services regarding the procurement of application/database technologies
- Assist in designing, establishing and maintaining various other security products and technologies, to include firewalls, intrusion detection systems, antivirus, patch management systems, etc.
- Provide input and visibility into emerging security technologies, deployment strategies and other security protocols to ensure awareness within the ITSD.
- SSCP preferred but not required.
- Requires 5 years of information security experience.
- Should have extensive experience with cyber security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Input Validation
- SQL Injection
- Cross Site Scripting
- Buffer Overflows
- Should have experience in Oracle and SQL Server; experience with additional DBMS, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL, is preferred.
- Strong interest in IT security.
- Familiar with FISMA and government C&A.
- Experience with various principles of IT security, such as access control, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, cryptography, risk management, security architecture and design, telecommunications and network security, etc.
- Experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix), networking technologies, routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, HIDS, NIDS, patch management systems, as well as intimate knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP/S and many other protocols.
- Experience with various web security assessment tools, such as WebInspect, AppDetective, Nikto, Paros, WebScarab.
- Experience with other security assessment tools, such as ISS, Nessus, Core Impact, Metasploit, nmap, Wireshark/Ethereal, Kismet, John, TCPDump.
- Must have excellent communications skills (oral and written)
>>> TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED <<<
Sponsored by: â–ˆ Sparkhost - Hosting Without Compromises! â–ˆ Hybrid Performance Web Hosting â–ˆ Spark Host Stream Hosting â–ˆ Hybrid IRC & IRCd Server Shell Accounts
Web Application Test Engineer Needed
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users