Sponsored by: █ Sparkhost - Hosting Without Compromises! █ Hybrid Performance Web Hosting █ Spark Host Stream Hosting █ Hybrid IRC & IRCd Server Shell Accounts
Need Name for a project
Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:40 AM
1. Look in the even long for failed log on, and notes the name.
2. Finds the next log on that succeeded.
3. Compares the two names.
4. If they do not match, print both to the screen. The failed login name is a possible password and the next successful one is a possible user name for that password.
Any ideas for a good name for the project?
Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:18 AM
Just my opinion it doesnt worth the time to program something like that cause:
1) You can find better ways to hack a windows box
2) I dont think that it happes so offen (and even if it happens what about that it's not from default enable to log this kind of events?)
Anyway, nice thought and just to add that the same may happen to another login forms (like web a lot of them) and other login process in general (what about ssh? can you imagine that you've root access and sharing this ssh with some friends.. .how many of them when they want to login fast will fill their credentials for their boxes (root user), maybe you log for root failure attempts? and then try to connect with these credentials to their boxes? )
P.S.: welcome and congrats for your stuff
Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:46 AM
Here are my goofy and not-so-creative thoughts on names:
2. Asleep at the wheel
3. ELP (Event Log Passwords)
4. PIEL (Passwords in Event Logs)
5. PIE (Passwords in Events) <-- Hey, everyone likes pie, right?
I think an acronym is the way to go. Perhaps others in the forum have a good witty acronym you could use.
Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:46 AM
My name suggestion is -> MUPEL (Misstyped Username Password in Event Logger)
btw, it doesn't stand for anything other than that. I checked acronymfinder !
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users