Government Security
Network Security Resources

Photo

Anonymous Surfing Using Commercial Software Is Not So Bad

- - - - - security server network proxy proxies anonymous privacy proxy servers firewall ssh
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 safemode44

safemode44

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:26 AM

I don`t know if anyone here use this program or have ever heard about it but I`m using it, therefore I`ll try to write a short review about it. This software is called SurfSolo and is commercialized from a European company, SecurStar.

SurfSolo is an encrypted security tunnel that shields you from the most sophisticated methods of online spying and snooping. SurfSolo is like the secure VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) that corporations use, but designed for personal use. SurfSolo is simple to set up and use, and works silently in the background without slowing down your Internet connection (this depends on your connection speed and how far you are from the country where the server is hosted). SurfSolo (The SSH Privacy Tunnel) creates an encrypted virtual tunnel between your computer and one of our high bandwidth security proxy servers. SurfSolo allows you to:
- Become anonymous on the internet by changing your IP address
- Maximize your privacy when you surf: (Even your Internet provider will no longer be able to see what you are doing online)
- Mask your real location and make you untraceable.
- Automatically protect your chat activity and existing IM accounts.
- Ultra high bandwidth proxies provides incredibly fast anonymous surfing.
- is P2P capable! Thus the spooks have no clue who and where you are.
In addition to the above, SurfSolo offers you also a fully anonymous email account and a free firewall.
By using this email account, your IP-address WILL NOT BE VISIBLE, you will just appear as 'localhost' plus the privacy server's IP.

I`m using the new version of SurfSolo and I`m very satisfied with the software performances. Is very simply to install and use. You have also the possibility of changing the host server (there are 5 of them) if you feel the one you choose on purchasing is not meeting your claims. All you have to do is to contact the customer support team and tell them you wish to change the server.

In fact I`m using SurfSolo right now :P

#2 Blake

Blake

Former Commander In Chief

• Retired Admin
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:16 AM

First post and it is a review, I hope I see other posts from you or I am going to assume this is spam and poof your account will disappear :-)

#3 Glyph

Glyph

General of the Army

• GSO Management
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:45 AM

I presume you meant that you were using it to post this review.
Excerpt from SecurStar

Available servers are
Germany
Netherlands
Czech Republic
Hong Kong
Malaysia

#4 jnwright23

jnwright23

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:51 AM

Anonymizer works the same - even better, I guess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: security, server, network, proxy, proxies, anonymous, privacy, proxy servers, firewall, ssh