• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

Former Commander In Chief

• Retired Admin
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:14 AM

ok for starters here is a link to help members get started if they wish to create there own... you can add others to this thread ;)

How I Make The Hacking Illustrated Videos

Folks ask me every now and then how I create the Hacking Illustrated videos on my website. All of the software I use is Open Source with one exception (Flash MX). Here I'll provide links to help others do similar videos to mine. If you make any give me a yell, I'd be interested in seeing them. Hell, I may be able to find a place to host them if you like.

CamStudio

The first tool I use is CamStudio from RenderSoft. It's a piece of Windows software that lets you make videos of what's happening on the screen. It use to be completely Open Source but has since gone commercial (I think it's called RoboDemo now and is owned by Macromedia). CamStudio 2.0 seems to be the last Open Source version, you can download the compiled software and the source code from my site:

read more:

http://www.irongeek....ioOSS/camstudio

:)
Kenny aka ComSec

Please read the Forum Rules !!!

#2 beardednose

beardednose

Retired GSO First Lieutenant

• Sergeant Major
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

You could also run VMware and make the movies in there. However, VMware doesn't allow some hacks to run.
Don't post just a THANKS! Here's why...

Forum Rules you need to know...RuLeS

#3 belgther

belgther

Sergeant First Class

• Sergeant Major
  • 650 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:30 PM

Camtasia Video Recorder, HyperCam are alternatives as well. Anyway, you need a periodic screenshot capturer at all.
"The wisest one is the one who knows himself/herself." Quote of the life
belgther... aka... belgther

#4 Darius

Darius

Private First Class

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

I know it has been sometime since this thread was last updated, but I figure it's a topic that is always relevant.

While my choice would be to use Camtasia Studio, I have also discovered an off-shoot Techsmith project called JING. I use Techsmith Snagit daily, and am looking forward to the completion of JING. It is still has a way to go from a feature perspective, but I like where it is going.

Another way I do this is to use Portable Apps. I use Wink, AviScreen, VirtualDub, and Audacity. The benefit is that I carry this USB drive with me everywhere, so if I find myself in a situation where I need to make a quick how-to video, I've got the tools accessible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, hacking, php, tools