• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 Kenny

Kenny

Former Commander In Chief

• Retired Admin
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:43 PM

to be honest insanity...i thought the lame one's still here would have had their final say or request...seeing its a matter of days before quite a few are deleted...

@kuza55 ...why have a quiz... they should know what they can post by looking in the trash can to see what not to post... if they dont read the rules... then i hope they dont expect any mercy from us... ;)

our hard core members are pretty sick to death with the same lame requests all the time... only fair to them we make an effort to improve our forum for them...by us having a cull every so often...a lot rejoin when we open again... we hope they learned a lesson the first time their accounts are deleted...many have and are still here ;)
Kenny aka ComSec

Please read the Forum Rules !!!

#47 kuza55

kuza55

Corporal

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

@kuza55 ...why have a quiz... they should know what they can post by looking in the trash can to see what not to post... if they dont read the rules... then i hope they dont expect any mercy from us... ;)

For the same reason you perform culling or moderation, because some people don't bother finding forums rules and reading them, and its easier for you to write a small add-on (or I can do it if you don't want to waste time on it) than to have to deal with stupid posts, continuously. Sure some stupid people will post something that is obviously against forums rules anyway, but then they have no excuse whatsoever (even though ignorance isn't a ghood excuse), just cull them there instead of giving warnings.

The idea was that you only have to deal with the stubbornly stupid rather than just the ignorant....*shrug*, its your time, if you're fine with the way it is I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise.

our hard core members are pretty sick to death with the same lame requests all the time... only fair to them we make an effort to improve our forum for them...by us having a cull every so often...a lot rejoin when we open again... we hope they learned a lesson the first time their accounts are deleted...many have and are still here ;)

#48 Tyler

Tyler

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:43 AM

@kuza55 if you have ever run any sort of board before you would realize this method not only doenst work, its a lot of waisted time. The idea for somethings possibly may work but i dont think will every work for GSO. I personally like the idea of having people vouche for you or people getting into irc and working thier but off trying to show off their knowledge in there and work thier way for access, but hey thats just my oppinion

#49 Spider

Spider

Private First Class

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:04 AM

I hope u don't delete my account as i suffered alot last time to login again :)

Regards

#50 Wkd../

Wkd../

Private First Class

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:14 AM

I personally like the idea of having people vouche for you or people getting into irc and working thier but off trying to show off their knowledge in there and work thier way for access, but hey thats just my oppinion

:rolleyes:

Now theres an interesting concept...

why not setup a lil server with a few scripts incorporated and have little PROVE-THYSELF sessions where peeps can deface,access or exploit to some extent certain vulnerabilities in each division.....

Opps thats what you chaps do for real.... forget what I just suggested.. ..

....bubu/:lol:
WkdNews:
BAD DESIGN KILLS
:| -Wkd../

#51 wtfmates

wtfmates

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:23 AM

I know i wasnt able to register for the longest time :P

I'd like to think i dont fall into the 'noob' catagory, but with todays seemingly elitest attitude towards any type of online converse you never can tell these days.

Granted there are some really lame and stupid posts, so this is probably for the best.

#52 tomraedisk

tomraedisk

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:06 AM

I would have to say this is one of the best form i have every join where there is people that aculty know what there talking about. but there are so many people out there who dont take the time to try to learn something but get people to do it for them. i am so happy i found this site and thankful that someone created it. thanks GSO

#53 Glyph

Glyph

General of the Army

• GSO Management
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:09 AM

Just in case the axe falls on my woeful lil neck..
GSO has been the one forum I've continued to frequent when the others have had their 'dry spells'..
Y'all have phun, h'yah?

:ph34r:

#54 shahzadmasih

shahzadmasih

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
No advertisements of this nature in signatures -- Ryan

#55 David

David

Private

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:11 AM

"would prefer 1 good informative post from a member than 10 pointless "thanks gonna try this when i get home" etc, etc"

one of the reasons my post count is low, i try to only post when i have somethign relevent to say. like several of the people who have posted here i registered on the GSO forums because i'm in the CNA (cisco networking acadamy) and your forums provide significant help with my studys. :)

#56 Blixor

Blixor

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

I tried to register many times in the past just like many new members have stated above. I'm really glad to be finally a member, I hope my account won't be deleted just because I haven't posted much already and I assure you that I am not a lurker :D .