• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kingvandal

kingvandal

Master Sergeant

• Second Lieutenant
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

as it says above. I know I am using the right pass/user as I setup the vpn. It makes the connection and says "verifying username and password" then sits till it times out? I have setup different accounts with same result. the error is below.

Attached File  VPN_error.PNG   6.95KB   110 downloads

I have router setup and working as it makes the connection but times out at the authentication part of the connection. Any ideas?

kv-
Tchirimbimbim!!!
Very Interesting: Windows XP Source Code! and Windows Vista Source Code!!. Read'em and weap...

#2 flashlord

flashlord

Private First Class

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:49 PM

well, perhaps you need to do some settings.
read http://www.snt.utwen...p/vpn_xp_uk.php

#3 kingvandal

kingvandal

Master Sergeant

• Second Lieutenant
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:21 PM

tryed with same result. is there some policy or somehting I am missing?

kv-
Tchirimbimbim!!!
Very Interesting: Windows XP Source Code! and Windows Vista Source Code!!. Read'em and weap...

#4 andydis

andydis

Sergeant First Class

• Sergeant Major
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:48 PM

kingvandal.

what router/VPN.firewall are you using?

the windows VPN client i have ever only got working with a windows VPN server (via routing and remote access).

if you have a hardware vpn device you are going to need the vpn client (proberly safenet)

lemme know ther above and i can help.

other problems with vpns are mainly things like:
ports not open on firewalls
firewalls do not support ike passthrough etc etc

#5 kingvandal

kingvandal

Master Sergeant

• Second Lieutenant
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:11 PM

I am runing a 2wire home portal router 1000hw. No vpn firewall. I have the port 1723 open. It makes it through the router. I know this as I removed the 1723 and it just sat there connecting. Hey andy I am going to pm your my ip addy and see if you can connect.

kv-
Tchirimbimbim!!!

#6 andydis

andydis

Sergeant First Class

• Sergeant Major
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:30 AM

ok will test but the BT 2wire's are nasty!!!!!!

1723 is not enough, ill get you the correct ports :-)

think its 500 udp

IPsec-based VPN's need UDP port 500 opened for ISAKMP key negotiations, IP protocol 51 for Authentication Header traffic (not always used), and IP protocol 50 for the "encapsulated data itself. Again, the only "forwardable" item here is UDP port 500, which is also shown programmed in Figure 2 to the same LAN client machine—protocols 50 and 51 must be built into your router.

nd IP port 47 for the GRE if you are using PPTP

#7 kingvandal

kingvandal

Master Sergeant

• Second Lieutenant
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:28 AM

Intresting I tryed opening a udp port also, 1701 which I got from inside the internet properties ( Local area properties\Advanced\Windows firewall Settings\Advanced\Local Area setting SETTINGS\Services) it listed in there VPN ports 1723 for TCP, and 1701 for UDP. I tryed manually adding 1701 as pinhole also but same result. I hope this would be so sweet to be able to access/update my webserver. I will be home tonight at around 6:30 PM PST. But when I get home I will add the ports 500 and 47 and see if they help or not. Did you try to connect with the ip I pm'd you with?

kv-
Tchirimbimbim!!!

#8 andydis

andydis

Sergeant First Class

• Sergeant Major
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:18 AM

will try tonight 18:30 GMT ~(sorry am crap with timezones) u dnt seem to have messenger?

#9 kingvandal

kingvandal

Master Sergeant

• Second Lieutenant
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:22 AM

I do, I added you to my list. kingvandal@hotmail.com

kv-
Tchirimbimbim!!!

#10 andydis

andydis

Sergeant First Class

• Sergeant Major
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:12 AM

looks like the router must support something called GRE

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=241251

#11 kingvandal

kingvandal

Master Sergeant

• Second Lieutenant
  • 776 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:54 PM

Got it. It was a option called passthrough which for some dam reason did not occur to me until a few minutes ago..lol thanks for the help Adny!

kv-
Tchirimbimbim!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users