• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 Ryan M

Ryan M

Global Moderator

• Colonel
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

I pinned this topic because there is some good information in here, and I've seen a couple other posts on the same topic. Hope this makes it easier for people to find what they need pertaining to linux distros :)
There is no security on this earth. Only opportunity.
-Douglas MacArthur

GSO Compiled Exploit Database
----------------------------------------
[b]Mod at GovernmentSecurity

#47 LaHrrS LoVeLL

LaHrrS LoVeLL

Private First Class

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:32 AM

I'm already using Linux and this test has confirmed my choice. Fedora Core was my top choice but since the PC Linux is on is 10 years old, it's not worth using up all the HDD space so Xubuntu was my primary Linux Distro. The reason I didn't take Kubuntu or Ubuntu was because of Gnome and KDE, I needed something more light and less of a system hog. xfce is doing just what I need it to at a low level of resource usage.

I'll bookmark this page for anyone who asks what Linux distro they need to install :P

#48 linuxwolf

linuxwolf

Corporal

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:22 AM

Haha; Perfect test. Got my to flavours exactly. And even in the right order! Gentoo; Slackware. Perhaps you could add some questions to do with gaming, whether people can / will sandbox their own win enviroment to emulate games, or whether they'll use a wine variant. (Cedega anyone?) As far as i know, alot of people in this scene game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linux, php